Friday, June 21, 2013

The Longest Day of the Year


It is June 21, the longest day of the year.  Arguably, it is one of the days I wait for all year long.  I'm not the only one.  Papa FC&G starts counting down on December 21 each year, reminding me that "after this, the days start getting longer!"  We both wait for the day that we have the maximum available daylight available.

I promised myself I was going to write a nice long post for you today.  But it is 5 p.m. on the longest day of the year, and I have at least four more hours of daylight ahead of me.  I'm heading out into my garden, which you can see above, and top dress my tomatoes with freshly sifted compost, train cucumber vines up their trellises, and see how many fresh blueberries I can pick.

What are you doing in the garden this weekend?
Pin It!

No comments :

Post a Comment