Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Things I Love About Line Drying

I have finally gotten to dry a load of laundry outside for the first time this year; this has been a strange year in that regard.  We've had a pretty cold spring, and even when it was warm enough to line dry, I wasn't in a position to do laundry.  So I'm getting my first load out there about a month late this year.  If past experience is any guide, I should have a good five months of line drying yet ahead of me, and I will love every minute of it.

Why do I love line drying?  My top ten reasons:

10.  The bamboo sheets have a wonderful texture after line drying.
9.  I finally get to whiten my whites with sun bleaching after a long winter.
8.  I get a chance to walk outside and clear my head during the work day.
7.  I don't pump any drier heat into my house to make it harder to sleep at night.
6.  I don't use any additional electricity beyond that I used with the washer.
5.  I get a smidgen of exercise and burn a few extra calories.
4.  Hanging laundry is a good chance to stretch!
3.  I can get a fair amount of sun in a couple of 20-minute bursts, so I work on my tan while I get some extra vitamin D.
2.  Sunshine wards off depression.
1.  Hanging laundry on the line means summer is here!

What are your favorite things about line drying?
Pin It!

3 comments :

  1. Everything dried on the line smells amazing! I love drying my laundry on the line...I've been anxiously awaiting spring this year for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Line drying clothes brings back memories of my grandmother's back yard. Her clothesline was always up and she had a canvas bag of clothes pins hanging on it. The clothes were krinkly when they came in but smelled so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. Line drying has become common in bamboo sheets. It has increased the sales of bamboo sheets. The quality of Bamboo sheets is that they are very comfortable for sleeping and if they are beautiful, it becomes like icing on the cake.

    Luxury Bamboo Bedding

    ReplyDelete