Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sustainable Pin: Chewy Chip Cookies

I have this problem with my chocolate chip cookies "spreading."  In part, I think this is because using organic butter instead of margarine is just one more ingredient that can melt for too long before it solidifies as it is cooking, but that is a hunch, not a scientific analysis.  In any case, I'm tired of flat cookies.

Enter today's sustainable pin from Apple a Day, Best-Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Go ahead and click on over and grab this recipe for your own pinboard, because you are going to want to give it a try.

I used organic butter and peanut butter chips in my batch, but otherwise the cookies baked up exactly as advertised -- soft, puffy, and chewy.  I might leave out the salt next time because I usually have salted butter around the house, and I think I perceive just a hint of salt in the final recipe, but not enough to be unpleasant.  I'm sure that doubling up by using the salted butter is the culprit.

I'm very pleased with this recipe, and I'm super happy that the original author shared it.  Baking is one of those sustainable activities that I do whenever I have time, because it allows me greater control over ingredients and portion size.  This recipe may well have solved my flat cookie problem!
Pin It!

1 comment :

  1. I'm so glad these cookies worked for you. Thanks for featuring them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete